It’s a “Shoe-In” – at the 2017 Navan Fine Arts Show
In celebration of Canada’s 150th Birthda
Make some “Shoe Art”
to celebrate what Canada means to you
Display your shoe art at our show
April 22-23, 2017 at the Navan Arena
Everyone is invited to participate – individuals, families, businesses, organizations, schools
Vintage, new, men, women, children, wood, horse, loafer, blue suede, glass slipper, boot, running, ballet, shoe horn, every shoe tells a story
Painted shoes, a shoe painting, felted shoe, shoe pottery, photographs of shoes, shoe jewellery, shoe cards, doodled, embroidered shoe, knitted shoe, wooden shoe
Every journey starts with a first step.
Walking in your ancestors’ shoes.
Celebrate what Canada means to you.
The ultimate accessory.
Advance registration for the Shoe Art display is not required, but is appreciated so we can get an idea of how many shoes (or pairs of shoes) to expect. Register here.
This community project is sponsored by the Navan Fine Arts Group
Donate your gently used shoes
The Navan Fine Arts Group will have boxes at our show April 22-23, 2017, at the Navan Arena to collect gently used shoes which will be distributed to people in need in the Ottawa area.
Dymon Storage, in partnership with Shoe Bank Canada, will collect and store the shoes and help distribute to those in need in the Ottawa area.
Shoe Bank Canada collects shoes from warehouses of footwear companies and the closets of people like you. They distribute these shoes, free of charge, to people in need across Canada through food banks and other social agencies and in conjunction with Rotary Clubs. Their goal is to collect one million pairs of shoes in every province in Canada.
To date over 400,000 pairs of shoes have been collected, including 150,000 in the Ottawa area.
Shoe Art Guidelines
- All members of the public are invited to bring Shoe Art and gently used shoes to our show April 22 & 23.
- Drop off is Sat. April 22 from 8 - 10 am upstairs at the Navan Arena.
- Boxes will be provided to collect your donation of gently used shoes for Shoe Bank Canada.
- Shoe Art will be displayed at our show upstairs at the Navan Arena throughout the weekend.
- Agree to have your Shoe Art photographed by the Navan Fine Arts Group.
- Due to space restrictions, all Shoe Art should be sized to be displayed on a table. Feel free to bring props for display, with your name clearly identified on the prop.
- Include your name and telephone number somewhere on your Shoe Art, for identification purposes.
- All Shoe Art must be picked up by 4 pm Sunday, April 23.
- The Navan Fine Arts Group is not responsible for lost or damaged Shoe Art.